4.16.2008

My Nike +


Update on my previous post. I am still running. In fact I've run over 50 miles since I started in March. It's a start. And this is why. My Nike + which is my new best "training" friend. Do people know about this? My mission is that everyone would know. It's great. See how it works at http://nikeplus.nike.com. (about $30 for the gadget, you need Nike + running shoes, which I can get for you at 1/2 price and an iPOD, Nano, whatever)

And I am training for this 10K race - which is a lot for me. My marathon friends better not be laughing at me. The HUMAN RACE will be the biggest 10K marathon race ever, happening simultaneously around the world. 08.31.08 more to come soon... (is anyone interested in running it with me? well let me know)

9 comments:

Amy Woodard said...

Hey Jen! Of course I remember you!! So great to hear from you! And fun to catch up on your world...good job on running! You look adorable, by the way--I love that hairstyle on you! I hope your dream for making it to Amsterdam works out! If you're ever over in our part of Europe, it would be great to have you visit!

FollowMeg said...

Why am I not surprised?
Of course if you go to work for Nike, and work there for longer than a month you're going to fall in with the whole "Oh, I'm so healthy, I'm going to go running, I'm going to be a runner and run a marathon, I work at Nike!" Ha ha ha, no, but serious Jen, I hope you're really liking your new job. It sounds like you're kicking some serious BOOTY there, and it's so cool to hear that you are getting motivated to run. It's very healthy.
Please continue to pray for my health. I haven't felt very well pretty much all the time while I've been here in Ft. Walton, but I have gotten some sun! Patrick (blows raspberries), Jason and I went to the beach on Friday and laid out and frolicked in the water and enjoyed the sunshine (while I got just a little color, fabulous!) And then again today (Monday) we went again and practically spent the whole day there. The boys were really rambunctious; they played "shoe-frisbee" and played on the boogey boards, while I just laid out, then I covered myself up and took a snooze. I was aiming to use the base coat I had attained several days before and build on it. Let's hope I don't come home looking like a lobster!
Luv ya! See ya soon!

FollowMeg said...

P.S. I want one!!!
Maybe it'll get me motivated to get in shape too, although I don't think Bubba-Bear could keep up with a "runner" :)
Maybe I'll stick to walking until he get's bigger.

Anna said...

Hey, Jen! It was great to hear from you. Your blog has been so fun to read...you and Mike are great examples of going all out for your dreams. :) I'm inspired by this last post. Perhaps I'll take up running...I think I'll keep thinking about that while I sip my latte. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow girl, that is amazing! :) I remember the days of junk food, late nights and funny talks...now you are marathon, Nike girl. So impressed. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Coffee it is! When and where? Call me and we will set up a date- it's been way to long:)

Tonya said...

YOU GO GIRL!

Little Wonders said...

Way to go, Jen!! I've always hated running but I'm hoping to start train for a triathlon after we move ... so you definitely inspire me :) Maybe I'll get a Nike+ myself (and take you up on that 1/2 off offer)! Either way: I'm proud of you. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Great job running Jen! Do ya think you can send some of that motivation out to Virginia?